Split screen controls

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to game maker and was trying to make it where both sides of my screen have separate controls. Left side will have a floating virtual joystick and the right side will have whatever else I need. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Do you want the screen to be split for two PLAYERS so that each side has it's own controls, or do you want to split the controls so that one set is on the left and the other is on the right for ONE player?

Do you want the screen to be split for two PLAYERS so that each side has it's own controls, or do you want to split the controls so that one set is on the left and the other is on the right for ONE player?
The latter. I'm thinking just get the screen width and split it in half and use multi-touch for the controls. Don't let either one go pass half way. Would this be the ideal way to do it? Or is there a better way?

I already have the joystick made and it can be used anywhere on the screen. I didn't like the idea of it being attached to a certain spot as I myself hate that in games.