• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion split GMS2 mobile package ?

M

mjadev

(English is not my native language so excuse me for language mistakes ...)

This post is just a reflexion about the GMS2 mobile package price (around 400 euros) and a how to make it more affordable to customers without negative effect on Yoyo incomes (and I think that even could be benefique for Yoyo)

Indeed, the price of this package is quite high from a hobbyist point of view (this is my case).
For someone who wan't create and sell games on Google Play Store and/or Apple Store, this price does not hurt me.

But for a hobbyist, at least for me, this high price is blocking me.
The problem is not "I have not the money to buy it" but more "it's not reasonable for a hobby". (I have a work but also a family...)

No problem, I'm very happy with the desktop only version (bought during the beta) and I can live without mobile version (and if I really want to build android games, there are other solutions but I have no time for that and I prefer to use GMS-2 which is a wonderful tool for me).
At home, I have only android devices so building games for IOS does not interest me and I will not buy a MAC just to build a game.

So, why not splitting the GMS2 mobile package into 2 packages : Android for 200 euros and IOS for 200 euros ?
At this price, I think I would buy the android package at short or mid-term.

For people wanting to sell their games, no problem, they can buy both packages.
For hobbyist (and from what I guess, this is a large part of GMS audience) it would be benefique.
And for Yoyo, they can reach new customers for mobile versions without cuting the price.

Am I the only one to have this feeling ?
(I don't know if this question has been raised already and what is Yoyo status about that...)

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
For reference, GMS1 price was $149 for Pro (required to be able to acquire other export modules), $299 for iOS, and $299 for Android.
So you would spend $448 if only desiring one of the two and $747 if you needed both, making the new package a noticeably better deal (even if you do not have any immediate use for one of the components).

M

mjadev

For reference, GMS1 price was $149 for Pro (required to be able to acquire other export modules), $299 for iOS, and $299 for Android.
So you would spend $448 if only desiring one of the two and $747 if you needed both, making the new package a noticeably better deal (even if you do not have any immediate use for one of the components).
I agree that GMS-2 offer is better than GMS-1