• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Splash screen appearing even with selected time being 0.

I wouldn't want any splash screen to appear in my game, so I didn't create one. I looked at the options and the selected time is 0 seconds. Still, the splash screen appears.

I tried to delete the default splash screen, but I couldn't.

How to solve this?

psyche1979

I have exactly the same problem with GameMaker Studio 2 Pro, which makes a person quite nervous. It would be fantastic if this was the only problem. There are an incredible number of them, and the program is well paid.

I have exactly the same problem with GameMaker Studio 2 Pro, which makes a person quite nervous. It would be fantastic if this was the only problem. There are an incredible number of them, and the program is well paid.
As if some limitations that I ended up finding weren't enough, there are still the bugs. In the country where I live, the currency is very devalued against the dollar, I had to bend over backwards to buy. Today I think I could have used that money better.

psyche1979

We are a little off topic, but no one is answering the right question. If I could turn back time, I would invest that money smarter. For example, using Unity or Godot, and for that money, put the game on Steam. Technical support is bad. They hid in a mouse hole instead of having some quality bug reporting system like they do on GitHub, for example. Nobody listens to users, and that only leads to ruin. And anyway, the whole world is falling apart, so everything listed is basically nothing compared to that.

chamaeleon

The manual has this to say about the option for Android.
If you require that the splash screen be shown for a specific time then you can also set it here from 0 to 10 seconds (the default time of 0 means that it will only show for the duration of the asset loading).
In other words, 0 does not mean do not display it at all.

@FoxyOfJungle's suggestion to use a black image would seemingly be the solution in this case.

Mert

As others said, using a blank image for splash screen is fine.
I create a 4x4 solid coloured image as my splash screen. Preferably, you could put a colour that fits your game's theme.

psyche1979

As others said, using a blank image for splash screen is fine.
I create a 4x4 solid coloured image as my splash screen. Preferably, you could put a colour that fits your game's theme.
This is a good solution. Another good solution is to put a company logo on it. However, that is not the solution to the essential problem that 0 is equal to 3. In any case, thank you all for your help and understanding. That's what the community is for.

Mert

This is a good solution. Another good solution is to put a company logo on it. However, that is not the solution to the essential problem that 0 is equal to 3. In any case, thank you all for your help and understanding. That's what the community is for.
Since you said that, I'm actually considering this one now

Mool

i have set a 10x10 black image and all is fine. One thing you need to consider then is:

I had players, that thought the game crashed at startup, because there was a 3 sec black screen. You cant avoid the load screen, since the game has to load

psyche1979

Turn off "Use splash screen" here, in Game Options > Windows:
On my side, for Windows and HTML5, this is working. Only Android has the problem, and there is no option to turn off the loading screen.
I think that the solution offered by the community is satisfactory and that further discussion is meaningless. Bug fixes are the responsibility of the GameMaker owners.

Last edited:

Mert