• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Spine runtime update

T

Tom O'Rourke

Any chance we can get some official info on this? I'm trying to make a decision as to whether to use GMS or not.

F

FormalCloud

We don't get any kind of predictions, promises, or previews for updates. They just come....when they come. It could be 1 week from now or 6 months. The only thing we have to go on is the roadmap for planned new features.

rIKmAN

Any chance we can get some official info on this? I'm trying to make a decision as to whether to use GMS or not.
You posted in the other thread where I answered the questions you are asking 3-4 posts above yours, not sure you needed to make another one to ask the same thing.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/dragonbones-support.42233/#post-298204

The safest bet right now is to use Spine v3.4.02 as that's the only version that is "officially" supported, (minus shear keys) although you can use 3.5 or 3.6 if you are careful not to use any unsupported features.

That's something only you can decide is worth the risk, and if you do a forum search there are loads of threads regarding Spine with all sorts of info for common issues you may come across in the current GMS implementation.

Does your game require features that aren't in 3.4.02?
If not you should be fine, if so, you're gonna struggle.

If only "official" answers are good enough then get in touch with support, but as I said in the other thread and Cloud has said here - you won't be given any times, dates or timescales regarding anything, and Spine isn't even on the roadmap at all so that can't even be used as an indicator in this case.

If you hadn't noticed already YYG aren't very good at communicating with customers about anything - not just updates - which is a shame as it's the radio silence and complete lack of communication that causes most of the frustration.

T

Tom O'Rourke

Alright that's helpful thanks, but also disappointing. Official answers would be ideal as I'm looking for concrete information. I raised a support ticket but it hasn't been answered yet.