• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Spine OK to v3.0.10

K

Kaijin

Did some extensive testing, loading versions of spine, exporting and importing into GM and thought I would share my results.

Everything seems OK up to and including v3.0.10 (pro). Something changed to "weightedmesh" in v3.0.11 that causes GM to be unable to load the json file, saying it's malformed.

Tested with GM v1.4.1763. The exported testing sprite used meshes, bones, scale, rotation, translation, freeform deform, scaling to negative, draw order, alpha opacity and color tinting.

I'm not sure if the "pending big spine update" is in v1.4.1763 (or earlier), couldn't find it in release notes. I figured knowing the exact version of Spine that works with GM would be helpful to those considering getting Spine Pro.

kamiyasi

I don't know about any malformation error messages, but I can say that Spine files have stopped working in HTML mode for me after the last update, instead they cause the app to freeze. They still work for me in Windows mode though.

rIKmAN

Did some extensive testing, loading versions of spine, exporting and importing into GM and thought I would share my results.

Everything seems OK up to and including v3.0.10 (pro). Something changed to "weightedmesh" in v3.0.11 that causes GM to be unable to load the json file, saying it's malformed.

Tested with GM v1.4.1763. The exported testing sprite used meshes, bones, scale, rotation, translation, freeform deform, scaling to negative, draw order, alpha opacity and color tinting.

I'm not sure if the "pending big spine update" is in v1.4.1763 (or earlier), couldn't find it in release notes. I figured knowing the exact version of Spine that works with GM would be helpful to those considering getting Spine Pro.
Thanks for doing this and posting the info.

I'm having an issue with Spine files imported into GM being vertically squashed when the program is compiled, and have tested with both v1.4.1757 and v1.4.1763 which both have the same issue.

I'm just about to update my version of Spine Pro to v3.0.10 after reading the results of your tests, I am hoping it was because I was using an older version of Spine - although the file was as basic as it could be (just 1 bone, 1 image, 1 translate key) so I'm not sure if that would be the issue.

I'll test with v1.4.1757 and v1.4.1763 and post my results back.

Fingers crossed, and thanks again for the info.

EDIT
Updated to Spine v3.0.10 and now my Spine sprites are squashed horizontally!

Did some more testing and it turned out that I need to tick the 'power of 2' checkbox within the Spine Atlas Settings dialog - did that and everything is displaying as expected.

There is however a separate issue with v1.4.1763 where GM shows a black screen on HTML5 when trying to run anything with a Spine sprite imported into it.

Last edited: