• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Spine json import sprites are facing the wrong way.

andulvar

Anyone know why I have the following:

- When I make a Spine image face left, GMS2 points right.
- When I make a Spine image face right, GMS2 points left.
- When I make a Spine image face up, GMS2 points up.
- When I make a Spine image face down, GMS2 points down.

I can obviously just rotate my root bone to make them face the correct direction, but I'm curious why this happening and if anyone has had anything similar?

Attachments

andulvar

Also, for some of the animations I am not able to change the animation with skeleton_animation_set(). It would only play the "idle" animation even when I just set the "attack" animation in the create event and nothing else would change it. I even went to the base spine file, deleted the idle animation, re-exported, re-imported and the original "idle" animation would play!!?? What is even more frustrating is that the same object with the same code with a different exported spine file will work just fine.

Does anyone know a good method to debug spine sprites so I can try to see what is going on?

Edit: After a cache and GM cleanup, this seems to have stopped happening. Still very strange.

Last edited: