• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Spine .json Import Issue (Get a Permission Error)

JasonGames

Hey everyone-

I've been trying to import the .json file from Spine into GMS2 and just get this-
"Permission Error : Unable to obtain permission to execute". The atlas file and .png are also in the same folder.

I'm using Spine 3.4.02 and GMS 2.1.3 (both on Mac OS X).
Any ideas what could be causing this?

- Thanks!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Are there any other programs still open and using those files, in particular Spine itself? Have you tried restarting your machine with the "reopen programs on login" box unchecked? Have you run ls -al on the directory to see if there is a permissions problem?

JasonGames

Are there any other programs still open and using those files, in particular Spine itself? Have you tried restarting your machine with the "reopen programs on login" box unchecked? Have you run ls -al on the directory to see if there is a permissions problem?
Thank you for all the tips! Sadly, none of these have fixed the issue. I've also tried this on a different Mac with a brand new project to with no success. It's a really strange issue :(

Any other things you think I could try?

Jobo

GMC Elder
Have you tried logging out of GMS2 and in again? File -> Logout.
If that doesn't help then you should contact the helpdesk and they will assist you.