• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Spine bounding box and image scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Hi everyone!

I need my bounding box to be a fixed size (256x256) for a combat grid system. I did that to everything but the characters. Now I'm having a problem with my Line of Sight system.

I use image_xscale and image_yscale a lot on an object that uses a sprite that is a Spine skeleton. If it was a regular sprite I would draw it manually and have custom scale variables that would not mess with the bounding box. But this a Spine skeleton and I'm afraid that if I draw it manually I will lost the event triggers and etc.

I'm just wondering if I could make an object that will only follows the characters and not be impacted by the scale vars and the colisions would be made in relation to THAT new object and not the character object.

Is there a less hacky way of doing this? What do you guys think?

Cheers!
Kezarus

"But this a Spine skeleton and I'm afraid that if I draw it manually I will lost the event triggers and etc."

Why would the method used to draw a sprite have any impact on events? Just seems like a strange assumption to make. Testing whether JSON events still fire depending on draw methods is relatively easy to set up and test, so did you?

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Almost 2 years later. Mask didn't solve it as it should, 'cause I scale the sprites a lot. So I create a "collisor object" that stay right where I need it on the size and position that I wanted. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.