• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Spine animation not playing

S

Sylvan Dread

I bought spine and I'm just testing it right now. My game literally only has the player sprite and player object. I assigned the JSON file to the sprite, assigned that sprite to the player and in the player step event I only have one line of code skeleton_animation_set("Idle"); I get no errors on compile or anything like malformed JSON file. I have tried putting it in any other even that seems logical but those don't work either.

When I load up my game the sprite of the player has no animation and stays static.

I know the animation is working in spine becasue I can export it as a .gif just fine.

I'm using GM:S Professional early access v1.99.505 and spine essential v3.4.02. I also tried using spine version 2.1.08 as some form posts suggested but that didn't work either.

Edit: I just now tried it in v1.4.1757 and still wont animate.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joshua Allen

You should try:
if (skeleton_animation_get() != "Idle"){
skeleton_animation_set("Idle");
}

Whenever you call "skeleton_animation_set" it sets image_index to 0.

S

Sylvan Dread

My hero! Worked perfectly thanks! No idea it was setting it to index zero every time, good to know.