Android Speed multiplying

S

Silverwings

I am using the drag and drop version of game maker 2, but am having trouble with getting my player to move faster with each tap. I can get him to move with each tap, but I need him to go faster with consecutive taps.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Create a variable. Set it to an initial value, then every "tap" add to it however mch you want. Now in the Jump to POsition action, use the variable instead of a fixed value for moving.

R

redbeard990

I haven't used that version yet but you could use the spd variable with a value of one and each key pressed event spd++

S

Silverwings

I tried working that out but either my player doesn't stop or nothing changes.

S

Silverwings

Create a variable. Set it to an initial value, then every "tap" add to it however mch you want. Now in the Jump to POsition action, use the variable instead of a fixed value for moving.
I did what you suggested but my characters speed does not increase with each tap, any other suggestions are much appreciated.

CMAllen

I did what you suggested but my characters speed does not increase with each tap, any other suggestions are much appreciated.
If this is in the DND controls, you need to check the "relative" box. Otherwise you're just setting it to the value it already is.

Whilst unrelated to the issue at hand, this will be helpful for future topics.

1) Don't take vertical pictures of a horizontal view! (Why do people still do this!?)
2) Forget taking pictures of your monitor, just press the Print Screen button on your keyboard, save the image in Paint, and upload that instead.

S

Silverwings

Whilst unrelated to the issue at hand, this will be helpful for future topics.

1) Don't take vertical pictures of a horizontal view! (Why do people still do this!?)
2) Forget taking pictures of your monitor, just press the Print Screen button on your keyboard, save the image in Paint, and upload that instead.
Never though much about vertical or horizontal pics sorry about that, and I don't get on the internet with my computer I use my tablet so can't take a screen shot. Thx for the advice though, ill be sure to remember about which way my pics are taken.

S

Silverwings

If this is in the DND controls, you need to check the "relative" box. Otherwise you're just setting it to the value it already is.
I have the relative box checked for the tap but if I check the relative box for the variable an error happens.