• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE specific room wont open

L

littleman27

i can put any other room on the top of the rooms list so they play first and the game will launch no problem, but as soon i put the room i made as a main screen up on the top of the list. the output says everything like normal but the game will not pop up. if try to start the game again, it will tell me i have to close the game before starting another one. I have checked my runtime, and i am using the latest version. I have also tested all of the objects in another room and it launched so they are not messed up. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

L

littleman27

I figured it out after i made a new room the same way with the same result even though i worked before. I was using the same objects in my main menu as in my game therefore they had collision, so i made a new set of objects specifically for my menu and made a new sprite with no picture. while making the new objects for the menu i then used the same sprites as before but then double-clicking on the object in the resources menu i change the collision to the sprite of the sprite i made with no collision.

overall: the problem was that the objects with collision, were inside of each other