Spanish Closed Captioning or Subtitles help

MissingNo.

I recently decided I wanted to watch Breaking Bad with my friend that speaks mostly Spanish
but to my horror the Blu Rays for both Season 1 and 2 only have English and French subtitles!
This is shocking considering the show deals with Mexico and the cartel frequently.

So my question is, is there a way to turn on closed captioning or subtitles either on the TV or my Blu ray player to auto generate Spanish text?

Mercerenies

Obviously depends on your TV and Bluray player, but I've never heard of either of those technologies providing auto-captions. I know it can be done (obviously, YouTube does it, to varying degrees of success), so it's possible you could find some computer software to do it and watch the Blurays on your computer, but I'd be amazed if the technology you listed has that capability.

MissingNo.

Yeah I ended up remembering I can use my computers Blu ray drive to play movies and shows and use VLC media player to add subtitles.
But I didn't see any features on my normal TV Blu ray player or the TV itself for subtitles or closed captioning so I'm guessing this is a hard NO as far as the TV is concerned.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
...YouTube does it, to varying degrees of success... (snip)
Well put: Varying degrees of success. But Google seems to be improving this. I believe they've released auto-captioning for live streams. So the latency must be acceptable (or at least tolerable).

But for most cases, Google expects the video creator to review and correct the auto-generated captions. There's a good tutorial here, done by U. of Colorado in the US.

But the above isn't suitable for real-time translation . For that, there are some third-party devices available. From what I've read, this wearable translator has promise.