• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free SpaceStation Defender - A space tower defence shooter.

Jorg Gjer

Hi all.

Space Station Defender is a mix of space shooter and tower defence.
Protect the base from incoming attackers by placing towers.
I will still do updates on the game if you have any suggestions.
The game can be found at Itch.io

For contact - [email protected]

Jorg Gjer

I dont know if its ok to bump my own thread , but i would realy happy if i could see some players on the high score list. I would die for some feedback , even if it's negative.

Some strategy tips:
Allways focus on collecting gold.
I feel you get better control of the ship by stearing with WASD than mouse, so be shure what you are selecting. Click on the infotext on menu screen to select.
Upgrade your wepon should be first pri. Hold LMB to spam bullets. Spend your heatseaking(RMB) only in danger situations.
Build towers to help you protect the base. You allready have a tower in your ship when you start. Press E to place it , at start in close distance to the base.
Later deploy sweepers to help you collect the gold.
When you feel you have good control , start upgrading the base magnet. The magnet will do a great job in collecting the gold.
It's more efficent to repair towers then buy new. Drive up to them and mouse click on repair icon.
In endgame , buy and spam nukes to fight of all incomming attackers.

Download:
https://yepp73gmailcom.itch.io/ss-defender

Highscores:
http://gmscoreboard.com/SpaceStation-Defender

Last edited:

Jorg Gjer

Thank you to Electricdonkey.
QUOTE="ElectricdonkeyYT, post: 344409, member: 1680"]Hey, you emailed me to ask me to do a quick review on this (I actually realised I had already and forgot to post it). So here, have two!
[/QUOTE]

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
People see the high score list and say that the top scores on the list are cheating. They are not. When you get to the finale stages, and play a good strategy, you will collect more gold than you spend. That gold give you bonus when game is over. Thats how to get to top of the high score list.

As allways. Any sugestions to game improvements will be added.

Kaizen