• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Spaces between tiles

V

Vividium

As I am new to game maker I have a few questions concerning views, tiles and resolution.
Im currently working on a pixelated platformer that uses tiles that are 16x16 and 32x32 pixels.
I have the view following the player and using a screen shake at certain moments.
my current view is set to 480x270 and a port with a 16:9 ratio.

This happens more often immediately after the game started if the view moves it creates a space between some tiles. I avoided layering tiles on each other that have the same depth.

I wanted to ask why this is happening and how can I fix and avoid it in future projects?

R

renex

Round the view coordinates and see if that makes any difference.

T

Tankwars

This sounds like the problem explained in this blog: http://www.yoyogames.com/blog/3

It might not be, but if it is, you have to 'repeat' the edge pixels of your tiles manually, and then adjust your grid spacing so that these edge pixels are outside of the grid cell that your tile is in. That's the gist of it, the blog explains this in much greater detail