• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Space Man: Defend the Space Station!

Nehemek

Hello. This is a game I started working on last week but conceptualized a while ago. It's about an astronaut that has been left to defend the space station against the *evil* martians.

Features (so far):
  • Three enemy types.
  • 5 in game days of gameplay (after the 5th it will just endlessly loop).
  • 1 structure type to defend your station.

Try on your browser!
Current versión 0.0.1 Omega​

G

GreyGoldFish

For a week of work this is pretty great! I love how the UFOs blow up and have their pieces scattered about when they die.

Now onto my suggestions (feel free to ignore all of them):
  • I think that your shields are very creative, but I feel that having the UFO cracks as the player's only feedback to gauge their health isn't so good. I think they could do with discrete health bars, so that the player could make tactical decisions, such as going after the enemy with less health and letting the others spin around the base.
  • Also, do you plan on adding dificulty modes to your game? I feel like they would be a fun addition for more skilled players.
Cheers!

I gave it a few tries and never made it past day 4. It's enjoyable, challenging and a good five minute experience... unless you're on laptop with a touch pad mouse. :)

I'd prefer arrow keys and A & D as I'm lefty with a mouse. With how slow your projectiles are and how much health enemies have, you might want to tweak one or the other. Tweak the bullet speed and the game would suddenly get less challenging.

Health bars and smoking would be good for enemies, since they have a lot of health even at the start.

Are there sound effects or did my browser have mute on?