• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Space Invaders Remake

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Not bad. Space Invader clones are fairly common. But they are a great way to learn programming. And it's still fun to play them after all these years, and to see what slight variations people come up with.

This particular version is fairly basic, and pretty faithful to the original. The graphics and sounds are authentic -- but the colorized ships and projectiles add some modernity. I like that.

The only aspect I felt was lacking was the shooting speed. There's a fairly long delay between allowed shots. And the shots / missiles move very slowly. On the other hand, that makes timing a fun challenge and adds some gameplay elements not seen in the original. Still... I'd prefer a slight speed increase in both the shooting and the enemy bomb drops.

But overall, nice job on this.

Alexx

Thanks for the positive feedback.
I updated it, you can now press E and will unlock mega-mode shooting!