• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Space Ballz - Game Development Series

T

TinyGamesLab

Space Ballz - Game Development Series

GM Version: 1.4
Target Platform: ALL
Download: N/A
Links: N/A

Summary:
Hello Folks! I just started a tutorial series for the development of a game using Game Maker.
The series will consist of 4-6 episodes posted on youtube and will encompass everything from game idea, vector asset design, basic gameplay, advanced gamplay and HUD.

Tutorial:
Part I - Game concept and inspiration:

Part II - Main character asset:

Part III - Basic Game Coding:

Part IV - Enemy asset and HUD:

Part V - Advanced Coding

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TinyGamesLab

Part IV is out!!!!
I'm so excited about making tutorials that I even ent out and got a microphone! I hope the audio quality is better (Let me know if you think otherwise).

Other than that, I'm editing part V (Which should be the last part of this series) but I'm already thinking about a new series.

What would you guys like to see next? I'm thinking about a sliding menu tutorial or maybe another simple game engine.
Do you like the format?
Do you like that I show both the art and the coding?
Is there anything I can change to improve your learning?

Thanks for watching and hope to hear your feedback!

T

TinyGamesLab

Thanks for the feedback Toque! I did like this mechanic of Emaluele's website so that's why I wanted to share with the comunity!

Also, the last part of the series is out! MAke sure to check the end result in the last video!