Steam Space Ashes

NazGhuL

NazTaiL

Space Ashes is a slow paced arcade game where you control a ship sent on space stations to burn swarming forms of vegetation. Defy gravity in 20 nonlinear levels, explore to find secrets and defeat bosses.

Shut down the air system, turn off the lights and burn them all!
But beware, those life forms can become aggressive...
A not so easy game with a relaxing ambiance.

Available now:

More screenshots:

Last edited:

Toque

Followed this game. I like the look and feel of it.
Nit picking. The back stars seem a bit too non random spaced in the intro. But not sure thats even part of the actual game.

Well done.

sylvain_l

Like the title anim and the atmosphere.

to nit pick too:
on your site you should change your color scheme. The dark blue of the links on the black background is a bit hard to read for me, not enough contrast compared to the white of text or purple of visited link on black.
Capture.PNG

Also would be better to also directly feature your game on the main page than having a near empty page with the basic text and link to go to the game page IMO.

and on youtube, put also directly the link to shops: steam and itch.io pages.

same in your presskit, you should give also the link to the shop pages not just say it's available on steam and itch.io

edit:
are the controls customizable on the full version ?
because for some people who don't have/want to use a controller pad; your keys aren't going to be problematic ( any german like layout, where the Z and Y are inverted )

Last edited:

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
You discovered my secret: i'm not a web designer. :(

on your site you should change your color scheme. The dark blue of the links on the black background is a bit hard to read for me, not enough contrast compared to the white of text or purple of visited link on black.
Yep, I should change that. It's horrible!

Also would be better to also directly feature your game on the main page than having a near empty page with the basic text and link to go to the game page IMO.
I want to keep the main page like the intro of my site, linking all games but yes, I should pimp that up before the release.

and on youtube, put also directly the link to shops: steam and itch.io pages.
same in your presskit, you should give also the link to the shop pages not just say it's available on steam and itch.io
Done for youtube and links were already on the presskit. I should remove the where to buy though.

are the controls customizable on the full version ?
because for some people who don't have/want to use a controller pad; your keys aren't going to be problematic ( any german like layout, where the Z and Y are inverted )
I won't add customizable keys. It's Gamepad or X-C-V and arrows.

Thx for your comments!

Like the title anim
The title turning to ashes? I really love the effect too. I was trying to find a way to do it in game, in the very first step without lag. I wanted that every X steps, a small hole to be punched on the surface but only where there is color(On the text). Like is this is desintegrating slowly. I first used surface_getpixel but it was horribly slow. Then I discover the buffer_get_surface function. ;)

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Hi again game makers! 15% of launch discount ends soon.
Amazing first week! It's very cool to see Space Ashes added to wishlist and being bought! :D

Smal update.
October 12th 2018 v1.2
=================
Changes:
-Pause background

Fixed:
-Faster collision for falling vines.
-Fullscreen bug on certain level

Added:
-Option to turn down Fx (75% less particles)
[/quote ]

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Hi again! I hope this is a 'still valid' STEAM key for Space Ashes. First to claim can have fun.

558T9-4GWX4-GGF2G

more to come.

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Just to point out that Space Ashes is a challenging game. Don't take any of those keys below if you are scared to fail.

ZM0DB-K5H5R-IHZFX
Z95WY-BBVTZ-YHKMG
ZDN7Q-RTANP-0FT73

(Some keys above are not yet activated.)

Last edited:

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
When you get all artefacts, hidden of course, and beat the game you can activate Cheat. You can then replay all levels in a very particular way.
More keys for you, gamemakers.
3I0RE-V6DMW-IN2GM
DDQL8-QIHMT-QNZMD
XPMVD-0X5Q9-0YTCR
AQ89L-JPX30-C5TLA

(Some keys above are not yet activated.)