1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Free [Source] GMS2 Terminal Backend

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Binsk, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Binsk

Binsk Member

I wrote this system relatively quickly for a project I am working on. I figured that it may be useful for those who want to be able to easily implement an in-game terminal.

Download

It handles opening / closing the terminal, terminal history, user input (and displaying it correctly with automatic font-relative sizing), as well as adding and executing custom commands with or without arguments.

A demo object / room is included in the project to show you how to start the terminal and define commands. It is meant to be a plug-and-play system that you can just plop into your project. I hope someone finds it useful. Cheers.

RichHopefulComposer likes this.
  2. Luke Peña

Luke Peña Member

Nobody is going to download a project without screenshots. Post screenshots.

3. Binsk

Binsk Member

Hm, no.

It's not a game I'm trying to advertise nor even a project I'm trying to "convince" people they need. It's something i already made for myself and am throwing up here if someone wants to try and save some time.

Download it or don't, it doesn't matter to me.

RichHopefulComposer likes this.
  4. RichHopefulComposer

RichHopefulComposer Member

Thanks for posting, Binsk. Most of us know what a terminal is without needing to see screenshots, so no worries, haha.

Binsk likes this.
  5. klys

klys Member

You should add this to Market Place

6. cidwel

cidwel Member

cool for creating an ingame debugger!