• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Source control crashes GMS2 on push

W

wee_ooh

I started a project about a month ago, and every time I've tried to push code to the bitbucket repo, GMS2 crashes to desktop. Has anyone else run into this issue? I've just been using a separate source control manager as a workaround, but I'd love to be able to use the built-in functionality.

The-any-Key

Tips is to use the separate source control. GMS2 files seem to take a long time to commit so it may be so you need to wait 1-2 minutes before you push. Even if GMS say it's ok to push.

Last edited:

gnysek

my general tip: disable source control in GMS2, use gitbash/tortoise git/source tree/gitkraken/whatever. It's the best solution. Maybe only keep it enabled in GMS2 if you want to see what files are changed, but in most of mentioned ones you can see it quickly enough to skip this option (and whole IDE will also be more stable too).

Morplord

I started a project about a month ago, and every time I've tried to push code to the bitbucket repo, GMS2 crashes to desktop. Has anyone else run into this issue? I've just been using a separate source control manager as a workaround, but I'd love to be able to use the built-in functionality.
I am having the same problem. Every time I push changes GM2 crashes. This happens both when I setup credentials with SSH and with password authentication. I sent a bug report every time it happened and will be using my own source control from now on. I just thought I would share.

chamaeleon

I am having the same problem. Every time I push changes GM2 crashes. This happens both when I setup credentials with SSH and with password authentication. I sent a bug report every time it happened and will be using my own source control from now on. I just thought I would share.
You're posting to an old thread instead of starting your own. Having said that, why on earth anyone would trust source control inside GMS is beyond me. It is fairly well established that GMS has bugs and stability issues at times, so why put all eggs in a basket when there are tools out there that has been used by orders of magnitude more people than GMS own source control functionality?

Morplord

You're posting to an old thread instead of starting your own. Having said that, why on earth anyone would trust source control inside GMS is beyond me. It is fairly well established that GMS has bugs and stability issues at times, so why put all eggs in a basket when there are tools out there that has been used by orders of magnitude more people than GMS own source control functionality?
I know. Just thought that I would just confirm the problem outlined at the beginning of the thread is still there. Just so if someone gets here like I did, they might know it has not been solved. That's why I didn't start my own. But you're right I should use my own source control solution. I was just trying out the GMS solution to see if it works, unfortunately it doesn't. It does crash pretty hard though, wasn't expecting that.