• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Sound

R

Ryan Leithall

I can't get any sound to play!!!!! I have two sounds/ soundtracks I want to use. One for my main menu's, I want this (snd_Theme) to start with the game and work in rm_MainMenu as well as rm_Instructions. But then when level 1 starts I want snd_InGame to start and run throughout three levels, not restarting when the room does etc.

I have tried a few things I found on the internet but it just wont play. Both files are mp3?

Need to make this sound work soon!

Bingdom

Googledom
Make the object persistent and make it start the sound through room_start on loop.

Then when it switches to a new room, check if it's playing the correct music.

If you are just hearing a windows "ding" then try re-loading the music.

NightFrost

Using audio_play_sound should play the music, but since you can't hear anything, make sure you're not using any audio commands to set volume to zero, make sure the mp3 has sound using any audio player, and check Windows audio settings.

R

Ryan Leithall

Using audio_play_sound should play the music, but since you can't hear anything, make sure you're not using any audio commands to set volume to zero, make sure the mp3 has sound using any audio player, and check Windows audio settings.
where should I use that command, in a sound 'object'??? in a rooms creations code???

NightFrost

Room create or any appropriate object's create event, whichever suits your code setup best. You only need to run it once to get the music started. Note that they will not stop by themselves when you change rooms, so you'll need to use audio_stop_sound too when you switch to another music.