• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Sound problem only in GM:S 1.4

M

m1s3ry

Okay, this has no sense

I'm working on an asset for the MarketPlace (I usually make them in GMS 1.4 first, upload, then a GMS2 version). Thing is when I try to play the music in game with GMS 1.4 it sounds AWFUL, like really low quality (in game, in the preview sounds like it should).

It's not a code problem (I exported the project, imported it in GMS2 and it sounds perfect). It's also not the song. It seems that it only happens with GMS 1.4 when in game. Doesn't even make sense.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Mick

The latest versions of GMS1.4 have audio issues. I beleive version 1.4.1773 is the last version without the audio problems. Hopefully this will be fixed before end of support for GMS1.x.

M

m1s3ry

The latest versions of GMS1.4 have audio issues. I beleive version 1.4.1773 is the last version without the audio problems. Hopefully this will be fixed before end of support for GMS1.x.
I figured, because I opened an old project and the issue remained, even though before the updates I had no problems at all. Bummer :/

M

mino_dev

I have been facing this issue myself, and found an old forum post saying that the problem can be mostly mitigated by:

1) Setting the sound to "Stereo"
2) Setting the Sample Rate to "48000" (even if the actual sample rate of your file is lower).

Not sure if I'm allowed to link the old post, since I just made this account. But doing the above mostly fixed the problem for me.