• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Sound plays multiple times in HTML5 export

Fielmann

When I export the game to HTML5, a sound seems to get "corrupt" so that it plays two or three times, even though it should only play once.

No errors in the console.

The problem only occurs when the actual HTML5 build is uploaded on the server and accessed by a web browser. If I start the game from within Gamemaker (debug mode or not) it does not happen.

The problematic sound varies from build to build unpredictably. Sometimes I get lucky and no sound has this problem.

Does anyone have an idea as to the causes or fixes of this?

Thank you!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Your host may have a caching problem. Try testing with private browsing on to see it from a fresh visitor's point of view, and use the Network tab in your browser's developer's tools to check what is coming in.

And just in case it's a problem with the exported product, also try your game on a local server such as MiniWeb.

Fielmann

I solved it. Turns out the problem was caused in the process of unpacking the zip folder into a normal folder. (An unpacked sound file would literally become longer. E. g. a 0.5 second "Hey!" would become a 1.5 second "Heyheyhey!" The funniest glitch I've ever seen.)