• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Sound issues on Mobile

A

agustindes

Hi everyone, so I've been making Mobile friendly HTML5 games in Game Maker Studio and uploading them to itch.io for a couple months.

I keep running into an issue where some devices run the game without any problems and others (mostly iPhones) run without any sound or music. I've been searching online and found so many different things about it that I'm really confused about what could be the problem. I tried different hosting sites, audio files, different ways to load the soundfiles in the game, etc. but I can't find the issue.

Most people playing the games use either Safari or Chrome, are the browsers the issue? Maybe it's Game Maker? Does anyone here have this problem or had it and know how to solve it? Thanks in advance!

PS: Please retain from making "just make an app and upload it to the app store" type of comments because I know that is a possibility, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Have you looked in the console log for any errors? If there are any - what are they?

Are you requiring a click from the user to play sound files?

A

agustindes

1. I haven't found any really, the game works perfectly on PC, either exported as HTML5 or Single Tim Run Executable it works just fine. The problem is only on mobile.

2. Yes, when the game starts it has a screen that asks you to touch the screen to start the game and the music starts there. In most Android devices it works perfectly. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and all the games I've made work just fine.

A

agustindes

But that is only on the Beta version right? So not even buying Game Maker Studio 2 right now would solve my problem?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
But that is only on the Beta version right? So not even buying Game Maker Studio 2 right now would solve my problem?
The beta version of GMS 2 is a testing version available to everyone who has already purchased GMS 2. Opt into it with File > Preferences > Beta Channel, and you'll be prompted for an update.