• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Sound files not uploading to GMS2

D

DominionUniverse

Hey guys, first post here! Searched for this question elsewhere and couldn't find anything, so

For some reason my sound files will simply not upload to the Sounds window. I've tried all file types, but nothing. GMS allows me to create a sound, name it, etc, but it will not upload an actual file to be played and used inside the program.

Kinda baffling me, I can't find support for this issue anywhere on the web.

Thanks in advance!

Gamebot

[ EDITED ]

I know I had problems with certain files a while back GM 2 with my synthesizers. As they automatically saved to the USB as .wav. Re formatting didn't always work well. Found an alternative but it meant loading that file into FL-Studio as a sample then literally saving that as .ogg.

Other then that...make sure your loading by hitting the " ... " rectangle to the right of the name you give it.
The name and the file are completely different.

1. Make sure it's .ogg or .mp3 format that your trying to load.
2. The only way to tell it's loaded is the second set of numbers under the play button. If these are greater then zero its loaded!
3. If it is loaded hit play see what happens. Make sure it doesn't sound garbled.
4. If its copyrighted the codecs will tell GM so and won't load properly.

Last edited:
D

DominionUniverse

[ EDITED ]
I know I had problems with certain files...
Hey, appreciate the response! I still haven't solved it, but for some reason the functionality works absolutely fine on new/other files. So I just saved as with a new name and somehow now it works lol. Might've been a setting somewhere or a just a bug. Either way I'm back in business. Thanks again!

-Xeno

Gamebot

Hey, appreciate the response! I still haven't solved it, but for some reason the functionality works absolutely fine on new/other files. So I just saved as with a new name and somehow now it works lol. Might've been a setting somewhere or a just a bug. Either way I'm back in business. Thanks again!

-Xeno
Good job! Didn't even think to try re-namimg probably would have worked too. Oh, well. Anyways, good luck!