• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Sound error in Space Rocks Tutorial

H

Hyperspazz

Hello everyone. I have an issue here. Maybe someone can help me? I finished the tutorial in DnD just to get a feel for the software. I completed the tutorial, but only one problem. When I added sound files to the game I received an compiling error while trying to run the game. Any idea what's causing this, and how do I fix it? I do not have any files that begin with a number.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 11.59.55 PM.png

Update: I found the file that starts with a number in the datafiles_yy folder. Everything else is fine. I have deleted the file and save the game and it still creates a new sound file with a number before it. I even made a new folder and deleted the old one... save the new and shut down GM2. I loaded up the software and tried again and got same results.

Thanks

Last edited: