• Hey! Guest! The 40th (!!!) GMC Jam will take place between February 25th, 12:00 UTC to March 1st 12:00 UTC. Why not join in this very special anniversary jam! Click here to find out more!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Sorting resources is painful and wastes a lot of time. Is it just me?

Ggd07

Hello there,

I bought GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop last year but haven't used it until now, since we decided to invest in the mobile module.

I am trying to sort my resources and it seems the IDE does not allow me to, and constantly notifies me of "changed files" while I do that.

I wanted to ask is it me only that have this problem, because if I read correctly, the IDE should have the features I am trying to use...?

Basically I am trying to drag and drop my resources and folders. However, this does not work when I try to drop a resource on top of the last 1-2 resources. It just moves it back to the previous folder, sometimes even two folders behind?

I do not know if I am allowed to post links to videos, but here is the problem I am having basically. This just wastes a lot of time and is extremely frustrating when you are in a hurry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu30fu0afelbbmj/whyudothis.mp4?dl=0