• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker (SOMEWHAT SOLVED) Laptop Mode Dissapeard

W

WanSou

Game Maker Studio 2

Hello,

Too long to read ?
here is a short version
Laptop mode dissapeard i can't find it anymore

I was trying to find a "Laptop Mode"
and the weird thing is that, i can't find it on the Laptop
but i could have found it on my desktop pc, while i was in home,
im currently on my Mini "Vacations", and i wanted to program a little
and when i was proggraming my simple game on a laptop, it was really hard to move throught
the workspace, so i asked gms discord, and they told me about laptop mode,
and i couldn't find it, all they said that it was a bit weird, and then they stopped replying
so i want to try my luck by finding an answer on here
i hope someone would help me :)

And for someone who will ask if i have my other mouse plugged in then no i don't have an other mouse, i only use my touchpad on my laptop

Thank you,

~WanSou

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I haven't been able to get Laptop Mode to disappear on my 2.2.0.343.

If you still can't find it, you should post a screenshot of that. Maybe we can find it.

W

WanSou

I haven't been able to get Laptop Mode to disappear on my 2.2.0.343.

If you still can't find it, you should post a screenshot of that. Maybe we can find it.
Hey FrostyCat,

There is the screenshot that i don't have the laptop mode

Thank you for replying

Screenshot_1.png

N

NeZvers

Your mouse is connected or not? Connecting mouse might remove that switch.

W

WanSou

Your mouse is connected or not? Connecting mouse might remove that switch.
I told in a post

"And for someone who will ask if i have my other mouse plugged in then no i don't have an other mouse, i only use my touchpad on my laptop"

i only have my touchpad and nothing else, my other mouse is NOT connected (cuz i forgot to bring it) all i have connected to my laptop is a charging cable and a router

Jobo

GMC Elder
Does your laptop have a battery - and if so, does the battery function correctly?

If the answers are yes and yes, please include your laptop model and specs in your support ticket to the helpdesk.

W

WanSou

Does your laptop have a battery - and if so, does the battery function correctly?

If the answers are yes and yes, please include your laptop model and specs in your support ticket to the helpdesk.
well the answers are no , no , this laptop is pretty old and the battery broke, so i need to have it connected to a charger all the time,
maybe that's the problem ?

Toque

well the answers are no , no , this laptop is pretty old and the battery broke, so i need to have it connected to a charger all the time,
maybe that's the problem ?
I’m guessing yes. Never heard that before. Good to know.

Jobo

GMC Elder
I suspect that is the problem. Unfortunately you will not be able to use Laptop Mode at this time but I will look into improving this issue.

W

WanSou

I suspect that is the problem. Unfortunately you will not be able to use Laptop Mode at this time but I will look into improving this issue.
Hey,

i know this is not fully about gms , but i found that you can move through workspace with holding space and moving around, but i have something like palmcheck on , and do you know how to turn it off ? or to minimum ? ill try to find it and i can't turn it off, i watched 10 tutorials and i can't find that option do you know how to turn it off or... nope ?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The best way to improve this issue is to NOT assume that just because you don't detect a battery (or whatever likely disprovable criteria it goes by), the user wouldn't want laptop mode. Leave some recourse for when your "smart" technology isn't as smart as the tricks that real life throws at it.

W

WanSou

The best way to improve this issue is to NOT assume that just because you don't detect a battery (or whatever likely disprovable criteria it goes by), the user wouldn't want laptop mode. Leave some recourse for when your "smart" technology isn't as smart as the tricks that real life throws at it.
... wait a minute ... wat