Something to occur after text happens

So let me explain what my situation is like, I want it so that I can play some text boxes and then stuff will happen after it, like for example text plays and then after that it would take me to a fight room, or destroy an instance, or change the sprite index of an object, something like that. The only thing is I am V E R Y new to gamemaker studio 2, so i'm having some trouble with this, so let me explain how everything works so far, (It's everything shaun spalding did in his rpg textbox series) I have a script, NewTextBox where I will write what string I want to display in parentheses and quotes. And what NewTextBox does, is it creates an object I have called oText which will manage drawing the text, responses the background to the textbox etc, and I really dont like using arrays to write text because it is so much simpler for me this way. The only thing is, those who have watched the series will know that there is also an object called oTexQueued which does exactly that, so I can write NewTextBox after NewTextBox underneath each other without them drawing over each other, so, does anyone know how I would do this?