Some of most popular games made with Game Maker (mid-2020)

Xitilon

Hi everyone.
I thought, what are the actual numbers behind games made with Game Maker? Everyone (well, almost) heard about UnderTale, Katana Zero, etc, but how much exactly are they popular? Not talking about money here, just the reception, without taking positive/negative opinions into account, only Steam, and most surely not every GM game ever published to Steam.
Here's the data I've gathered:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mqcqh9G20bH4nwyVIQn3OIXHdL8gzgyztdC6b8exiQM/edit?usp=sharing
Comments are welcome, I'll continue working on this table.

Last edited:

Mk.2

There's also Another Metroid 2 Remake which isn't on Steam obviously, but was very well received.

Xitilon

Thanks for the advices!
I've added AM2R to honorable mentions (heard of it actually), while adding Duke of Defence and Nova Drift to the main table. Levelhead already was there.

Mk.2

Joymasher, the devs of Blazing Chrome, have two other titles on Steam, Oniken and Odallus: The Dark Call.

Xitilon

There is a whole lot of games which could have been easily (or at least possibly) made in Game Maker, but they aren't. Like, for example, everything made by Joakim "Konjak" Sandberg!

O.Stogden

10 Second Ninja X, Uncanny Valley, Stealth Inc. Deluxe (Stealth B**tard Deluxe officially), Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon. A few more there, that have been reasonably popular.

Kezarus

Well, my little game got a very good reception, have 27 Reviews, with "Mostly Positive" category. =]
But I doubt that anyone heard about it.

There is also the GM Showcase if you want to see all GM Games (that they consider).