Discussion Some objects stay persistent even when they shouldn't?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by David Lorenz, Aug 29, 2019.

1. David Lorenz

David Lorenz Member

Hello, everyone! This is wierd. Weeks ago I've noticed that some objects that used to be persistent kept on operating like they still were. I checked, double-checked and triple-checked what I may be doing wrong, but with no results. At some point I tried duplicating the said objects, deleting the original ones from my project and that actually solved the problem. Do someone know what happened? Did I do something wrong? Now I'm a little scared that something similarly cryptic could mess up everything I've done in the last year. :/

2. David Lorenz

David Lorenz Member

No one ever had similar problems?

3. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Hi there! I've not seen anyone else ever mention such issues before. However, I have to ask whether - after changing the persistent state of the objects - you cleaned the compiler cache? This is done from the broom icon at the top of the IDE. It may be that the cache still had the objects flagged as persistent and so subsequent runs used that instead of the updated objects.In general, if you encounter weird issues like this you should ALWAYS clear the compiler cache and try again. If the issue persists, then make a YYZ of the project and file a bug report, giving YYG the YYZ to look at.

4. David Lorenz

David Lorenz Member

It seems like it was just that! I have never experienced this problem but on one of my projects (the biggest). Thank you, very much!

Nocturne likes this.