• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Some images won't import into Sprite Editor

CasePortman

Title says it all really, I did a test of around 30 images (All .PNG format) and oddly enough only around 20 of them imported, the others had no effect, as once I clicked 'Open' nothing gets imported. There's nothing odd about the images, all just general sprites/BG/animated images etc. All imported fine into 1.4.

mMcFab

That's probably due to the limits of the beta (we're effectively on the trial version, so we only get 20 sprites per project)

CasePortman

It's not that I have imported that many sprites, I'm using the same sprite to test out importing many images, so 1 image imports fine, I'll go ahead and delete it then try import a different image, it sometimes imports fine, other times no dice depending on the image by the looks.

mMcFab

Okay that is weird, perhaps it's worth reporting it as a bug. I might test it out myself to see if I can reproduce it

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
If you find sprites that will not import then please file a bug and attach the sprites and we will take a look at what is going on, we have not found any ourselves but that may depend on what package has output them.

Russell

CasePortman

Bumping this as I thought the problem got fixed, but I ran into it again today.

I filed the bug a while back, but here's a gif of it happening:
http://imgur.com/a/bGieG

Notice the first image doesn't import, but the next one I try imports fine.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We've fixed all the ones that were filed. If you find another image, file a bug and include the image. We won't fix things just being discussed - they have to be filed so we can A) Don't forget them B) track them properly , and C) Don't forget them....