• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Some fonts can't be set bold or italic?

Gunner

How come? On some fonts on the dropdown there's only a "Regular" option, while some others had "Bold" and "Italic".

On GMS1 (correct me) all fonts had all options to bold or italic..

jobjorgos

I wonder the same. I really need the bold version of the custom font im using... cant do it in GMS2 anymore

jobjorgos

Ok i just found the solution:

just create the font in the old gms 1.4, import the 1.4 project into 2, and then import the font to your own gms2 project.

Last edited:

gnysek

If font doesn't include Bold or Italic versions, then it can be only make as "fake", on render time. GMS2 seems to only use native font variants. Also, some fonts have bold/italic as separate font name.