• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[Solved] Windows Phone 8.x export

M

McFish

1.4.1788 apparently removed support for wp8.x export .. I wanted to make one more release of my game on wp 8.x platform before letting it rot, so if I somehow managed to downgrade my gms to 1.4.1773, would the export work? Or was it broken already in 1.4.1773 and it was just removed in 1788?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Windows Phone 8 has been dead since last July, and whatever that's left of the Windows Phone platform has been superceded by UWP and Android.

The export might still work if you have a Windows Phone 8 device and a legacy version of Visual Studio, but don't even bother trying to use it to submit to the Windows App Store. YoYo is getting rid of the export so that people like you don't run into publisher-side walls.

M

McFish

Windows Phone 8 has been dead since last July, and whatever that's left of the Windows Phone platform has been superceded by UWP and Android.

The export might still work if you have a Windows Phone 8 device and a legacy version of Visual Studio, but don't even bother trying to use it to submit to the Windows App Store. YoYo is getting rid of the export so that people like you don't run into publisher-side walls.
I'm painfully aware that wp8.x platform is dead, I have two lumia phones that havent' received any updates for ages :( But still, my game has 5x more users in windows phone market that it has in android market. And reason for that is simple, on android market lousy games (like mine) don't have any chance of getting any users, but on soon to die market big players have left the ship so there's leftovers to be had :)

And I'm not even expecting yoyo to support wp8.x indefinetly, but just removing the module without any warning is just really annoying. Another reason not to update my gms 1.4 license to 2.x :(

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Haven't Microsoft now closed submissions for the windows 8.x store anyway? They certainly announced it was dead sometime last year.

M

McFish

Should anyone care: I managed to downgrade my gms to 1.4.1773 and it did build working release for wp emulator. Microsoft still allows submission of wp 8.x apps, so I also uploaded the new xap file. It passed automatic validation, and is still waiting for release certification.

Edit: And the answer is no.. Game doesn't pass certification, as it crashes on windows phone 10 (or so the certification report said)

Last edited by a moderator:

RizbIT

oh so theres no point in me trying to get my steam gms 1.4 version to export winodws phone 8 apps?

so what happens to my windows phone game?

I had to fix some bugs, so what do i do now?

i have a lumia i cant test windows phone 10 apps right?

so this leaves us all in a big mess, so why did i fork out for the Windows Phone export module. i think we should be given a full or partial refund atleast then if we now cant use it?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
so this leaves us all in a big mess, so why did i fork out for the Windows Phone export module. i think we should be given a full or partial refund atleast then if we now cant use it?
Ask Microsoft for one then? I mean, this is not any fault of YoYo Games. The platform export worked for the lifetime that the platform existed, but Microsoft have now removed that platform in favour of UWP, so while the exporter still exported a valid Winphone app, MS won't accept it (as shown by McFish, above)...

RizbIT

ok not fully yoyogames fault so a partial refund then.

It still doesnt help my problem.... I have to update bugs on my windows phone game so what are my options?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
ok not fully yoyogames fault so a partial refund then.

It still doesnt help my problem.... I have to update bugs on my windows phone game so what are my options?
You aren't entitled to a refund because YoYo has given you its successor for free: the UWP export.

Use it already. This is your only option going forward.

RizbIT

i cant get the UWP export to work using GMS 1 latest build
Code:
The following certificate was selected:
    Issued to: Master     Issued by: Master     Expires:   Sun Mar 03 00:49:57 2019     SHA1 hash: 53E8BBB8291AC0061C1E15CA52EFD78AAFAFF01
Done Adding Additional Store
Error information: "Error: SignerSign() failed." (-2147024885/0x8007000b)
SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred.
cmd /c "Powershell -executionpolicy unrestricted "& 'C:\Users\mypc\Desktop\com.my.app_1.0.0.0\\Add-AppDevPackage.ps1'" "

Found package: C:\Users\Master\Desktop\com.sulaysa.penaltypractice_1.0.0.0\com.sulaysa.penaltypractice.appx
Error: The package or bundle is not digitally signed or its signature is corrupted.
Create finished: 19:22:32