• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED] White Outline?

TheBroman90

I am using "Interpolate colors between pixels" because it makes rotating sprites feel less jagged. But for some reason I get theese white outlines around everything. Is there a way to get rid of them? Here's a zoomed in image with "Interpolate colors between pixels" turned off/on.

Fredrik

when you rotate your sprite, have you used the "rotation" in the sprite animation section, or do you use image_angle? (aka in script) if you do it as a sprite animaton rather than scripted the quality of the sprite will become as you've shown in the image above.

TheBroman90

I found some info about this.

Even if there's an alpha value of 0 around an image, there's always color there. (White in this case). But you can't see it because its alpha is 0.
This is why this white color blends with the image and looks like a weird outline.

To solve this I had to duplicate my charater in Photoshop. Then selecting the bottom layer, add Gaussian Blur with 1 pixel and set the layer opacity to 1%.
This way the pixels blend with the correct color. And that solved it!