1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Solved - UWP Submission always results in failed certification

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Digital256, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Digital256

Digital256 Member

I am having issues submitting a completed GM2 project to the Microsoft UWP. Each time I submit my app for certification/verification, I am rejected for one of two reasons:

1) I am told the app goes into an ‘install loop’ that it does not exit from

2) I am told the app does not display content at launch

This is confusing because the game installs (using the [gamename.appx] file) whether I install fresh (the game) or try to just run after its installed. No issues are ever encountered. At this point I am at an end to think of ‘why’ there would be issues with installing this app on the certification teams end.

Curious if anyone has seen this before, or has any recommendations on what I could check before going to the Microsoft Dev support team (not what I want).

More info to consider:

After compiling (UWP – x86) my game project I receive two files as a export (gamename.appx | gamename.appxupload). Looking at the yoyo games documentation, I am told to add the (gamename.appx) version up to the MS UWP app submission workflow for consideration. However, documentation from Microsoft asks developers to upload the (gamename.appxupload) version. Have tried both ways and still receive (there is some error) response from the UWP team.

Error Example Returned by UWP team:

App Policies: 10.4.2 App Crash or Freeze

Notes To Developer

Unfortunately, we can’t test the app, because the app does not display any content at launch.

Cheers

2. Digital256

Digital256 Member

I have resolved this issue.

The problem with certification was the fact that my original VS project tied to my cert had an incorrect (minimum Windows 10 build) value set. I incorrectly set this value to the (Windows 10 Creators) build when i originally made my cert.

Wanted to update this thread and document the fix (stupid on my end) for future like minded individuals.

My recommendation is to make the (minimum Windows 10 build) value on your project be as min as possible.

Amon likes this.