• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED]Upgrading license....

Schwee

I know, this information exists elsewhere I'm sure but I am apparently stupid and can't find it. I downloaded the free version of GM2, and I've purchased my license....how do I activate? I am not seeing the option in GM2... Thanks.

Schwee

Thats what I figured but it's not letting me import my project "Importing projects is not supported in the Free version of GameMaker Studio 2". :/

E

EckyYakov

I have the same questions. I think maybe the import projects thing is busted/not active at the moment maybe? Because i have the license now and it is not available to me either.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Have you guys updated to 2.0.2.44?
The previous version doesn't support the full release I think.

Schwee

Yes I am on the latest version. Just uninstalled, redownloaded the installer, and reinstalled to confirm. The title reads "GameMaker Studio 2 v2.0.2.44 - Start Page"

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
That's odd, I just opened GM and it updated my license... Have you tried signing into your YoYo account again? File -> Logout Then Log back in after the IDE restarts.

Schwee

I closed GM2, logged out, logged back it in, and reopened GM2 and still no luck. :/

"GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop 25 Nov 16 Permanent Activated" Is what i see on the GM Licences page fyi.

Schwee

Ok, I've sent them an email. Also, is there any place I can see my exact licence #? I only see an actual # for 1.4. I don't see it in my receipt either unless its the VAT number.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Not that I know of. I think licencing is different for GMS2, but it could be a simple oversight on the web page. Bring it up as part of your support ticket with the helpdesk too, just in case. Sorry I can't offer more help... :(

Schwee

I also don't see the purchase in my bank statement, or under the Purchase History on the website...but I have the receipt in my email and it says I have a licence under the Licences section. Weird.

G

GregM0130

I have the exact same issue. Just bought the license and no change to the features. I have reinstalled and logged out and back in. I have posted in the support forum.

Schwee

I received an email from Richard at 5am eastern time stating that the licence looked ok on his end. I repsonded back at around 9 and I haven't heard from him since...any idea on how often they reply?

Schwee

Sooo I'm a dumb and I didn't see the "Log Out" button inside of GM2 itself (it's under File, I was looking under Help and just didn't see it). Logging out and back in set the update in to motion. Thanks all.