Question - Account [SOLVED]Unauthorized Marketplace transaction

C

Codoral

Hi all
This afternoon I got a message from my bank to inform me that an $1 transaction has been made by POS ( the same unit/organization/whatever that made my previous transactions with YoYoMarketplace) although recently I purchase nothing from the Marketplace so I'm pretty sure that someone somehow obtained all of my card information, including card number, CVC code,... Any idea what I can do? I know that I can request another card but it costs $2 to get another card here so I consider it my final solution to this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsa05

POS just means Point Of Sale--most kiosks, shops, and pin pads around the world are POS transactions.
If your credit card information has been stolen, you should contact your bank immediately to ask for clarification about the transaction and to suspend use of the card if it appears to have been stolen.

C

Codoral

I contacted my bank, turns out it was a transaction made by Amazon Web Service. Anyway, I terminated the card and made a new one.
Lesson learned: Always purchase with PayPal, if something goes wrong you can dispute and get the money back since Paypal usually side with customers.
Thread closed