• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED]Unable to find output device "null" defaulting to "Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device

Hello!
I'm facing this error and I can't understand why this is happening!

"
Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12
Unable to find output device "null" defaulting to "Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device) via DirectSound"
Compile finished: AM 1:57:06
"
Please help me to solve this error, This never happened before.

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Same here with all my games since the new update... But everything works fine. Probably the new update has some kind of option to choose the default audio device. Since we know they changed the Windows audio settings:
"Version 1.4.1788 08/02/2018 (Required SDKs FAQ) Aligned Windows runner to use our own custom audio engine, as already used on console platforms"

Same here with all my games since the new update... But everything works fine. Probably the new update has some kind of option to choose the default audio device. Since we know they changed the Windows audio settings:
"Version 1.4.1788 08/02/2018 (Required SDKs FAQ) Aligned Windows runner to use our own custom audio engine, as already used on console platforms"
Thanks for the info! :)

T

TalkyLemon

Hello! If your sound and music playing in your game then things are working as normal. (This is not intended to be an error message but a diagnostic message in case sound or music is not playing for you - maybe we should change the wording to make that clear!)

Sorry for the confusion!

Bingdom

Googledom
If you look into your sound settings, you'll see this is actually a sound device in your system.
upload_2018-4-4_21-6-45.png