• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [SOLVED] "unable to download rss file to begin download of missing modules!"

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I tried installing the current early access version of GMS1, and I get this error every time I try to run it after installation:
"unable to download rss file to begin download of missing modules!"
What am I supposed to do to get it working? The module drop down is acting like I'm using the free version, even though I have master collection and tried entering my login info and license key several times now.

This is becoming a major roadblock as I need this version of GMS1 to fix a bug with my Linux games that start in fullscreen.

Thanks!
Samuel

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
I'm not sure I'm afraid, you'll need to ping the helpdesk, they'll either know or will pass it on to the right people.

Edit: okay, some others are having this as well it seems. I'll nudge someone in the office to take a look.

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I fixed it. Was an issue with our build tools.

As part of fixing this, I released EA551 also. This is EA550 with one fix to stop breakpoints breaking the debugger.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

This is awesome news! Thank you so very much!! :D

T

Tahir

I'm also having exactly the same problem. Won't start. Taking ages to load updater and once started either it doesn't do anything (download progress bar with no progress at all) or a pop up message Unable to download RSS File to begin the download. I have installed 1.4.1772