• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[Solved] Unable to Compile YYC on Windows 10

A

Ariak

Hey guys,

i've recently updated to the latest stable version of GM (1.4.1763) and have been encountering an issue with the YYC compiler for Windows.

Code:
linking Shatteredv22.exe
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.2.9200.16384
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Users\Ariak\AppData\Local\Temp\lnk{E82B2DDB-5D33-4CEC-8BED-EDCBE1E44024}.tmp'
C:\Users\Ariak\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_57810\gm_ttt_63074\Shatteredv22.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=12346,2195
Stats : GMA : sp=7,au=2,bk=2,pt=0,sc=74,sh=0,fo=1,tl=0,ob=19,ro=4,da=2,ex=0,ma=10,fm=0x4DE62634
Asset Compile finished: 09:36:34
Compile finished: 09:36:34
Yesterday I managed to circumvent the problem by simply renaming my project. No such luck today.
I've also completely cleared my asset cashe beforehand.

I'm using Visual Studio 2012.
Will I need to update to Visual Studio 2013? - as suggested here:
http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Ariak

EDIT: Fixed by repairing Visual Studio 2012. >> Add or remove programms >> Visual Studio >> Modify >> Repair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alivesoft

Thanks for posting the solution. I had the same symptom, it was also fixed by Repairing the Visual Studio installation.