• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [Solved] Unable to build game "Android / Fire"

A

Adam Martinez

For Android, I just installed JDK, SDK, and NDK, and made a keystore, but I'm not able to build my game.

I have no programming background... so I don't know what to make of this error...

I hope this is enough information from the log...

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-2.10-bin\baigpnfu14tdk6ztbfwcl8275\gradle-2.10-bin.zip.lck (Access is denied)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(RandomAccessFile.java:316)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:243)
at org.gradle.wrapper.ExclusiveFileAccessManager.access(ExclusiveFileAccessManager.java:49)
at org.gradle.wrapper.Install.createDist(Install.java:48)
at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.execute(WrapperExecutor.java:128)
at org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.main(GradleWrapperMain.java:61)
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

Just tried playing around with SDK before I posted this, but no luck. Any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

rIKmAN

What version of GMS are you using?
What version of JDK?
What version of NDK?
What path have you installed them to?
What version of Windows?

Have you followed the instructions in this thread?
If not go and do it.

A

Adam Martinez

Thanks for replying to my post here. I tried to follow JML's tutorial before posting here again.

I followed the original guide by Nocturne, then this thread by JML. JML's tutorial says only download SDK tools, without Studio... so I used command prompt to install SDK packages because I don't know how to access a user interface when downloading SDK tools without Android Studio...

GM:S v1.4.1763
C:\Users\Adam\Game-Maker Studio 1.4

jdk1.8.0_121
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_121

android-ndk-r12b
C:\android-ndk-r12b

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393

My computer is 64-bit but I downloaded 32-bit JDK and NDK.

I tried several installs, tried changing permissions on file directories, tried running in administrator mode, and tried disabling windows security.

I tried to be very organized in my reply here, but this installation is over my head, and the pictures I want to post here are showing up as broken links in the preview as I type this... But I'll try to leave them here...

http://imgur.com/a/ShWDr#nHpVvX3

http://imgur.com/a/Kx5eM

A

Adam Martinez

Here's the full error...

Create started: 1:03:03 PM
"C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_89639\a12095.txt" /c /m=android /config="Default" /tgt=8 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=8 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1763 /gn="englishgame222" /td="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /optionsini="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_89639\gm_ttt_98974\englishgame222.ini" /o="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_89639\gm_ttt_98974" "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\englishgame222.gmx\englishgame222.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_89639\gm_ttt_98974\englishgame222.droid
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1421.9357
Stats : GMA : sp=29,au=3,bk=0,pt=0,sc=4,sh=0,fo=1,tl=0,ob=38,ro=5,da=1,ex=2,ma=38,fm=0x4AAC2230
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.wordbirdenglish.paint && "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint "

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-2.10-bin\baigpnfu14tdk6ztbfwcl8275\gradle-2.10-bin.zip.lck (Access is denied)
at org.gradle.wrapper.ExclusiveFileAccessManager.access(ExclusiveFileAccessManager.java:49)

Lint Build report available at C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default\com.wordbirdenglish.paint\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Create finished: 1:03:07 PM

N

neoxid501

Do you see at the bottom of the report it gives you a location in your drive? Go there, open the lint-result.html. It will open in your browser and list of a ton of confusing stuff about what went wrong but there should be one or two (possibly more) that are marked as critical. Post what those are please!

Oh wait... I just took a look at the images. Change your target and compile SDK to 25. Then try that, if that still doesn't work do what I said above :p

A

Adam Martinez

Do you see at the bottom of the report it gives you a location in your drive? Go there, open the lint-result.html. It will open in your browser and list of a ton of confusing stuff about what went wrong but there should be one or two (possibly more) that are marked as critical. Post what those are please!

Oh wait... I just took a look at the images. Change your target and compile SDK to 25. Then try that, if that still doesn't work do what I said above :p
Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, Tried target and compile SDK both 25, no luck.

Looked into this C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default\com.wordbirdenglish.paint\build\outputs\lint-results.html

C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default\com.wordbirdenglish.paint\ .... suddenly, no directory named "build"!

Here's another image...

http://imgur.com/a/IABDJ

A

Adam Martinez

Just want to verify, I turned on "Show hidden files and folders". Still, the deepest part of this directory seems to be missing.

A

Adam Martinez

Inside that lint file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<lint>

<!-- list of issues to configure -->

<issue severity="ignore" id="Override"/>

<!-- Using pre-release sdks confuses lint as to the target sdk being used & makes it throw spurious errors -->

</lint>

N

neoxid501

Wait did you double click to open the lint file because it should have opened in a browser xD

In the meantime also try changing your Support Lib to 25.1.0
Then open your Android SDK Manager and make sure you have:

Android SDK Tools 25.2.5
Android SDK Platform-tools 25.0.3
Android SDK Build-tools 25.0.2

Scroll down to Extras and make sure you have:

Android Support Repository Rev 41 (or rev 43)
Google Repository Rev 42 (or rev 43)

A

Adam Martinez

Ok, so I was able to open the user interface SDK manager and install/update everything like this but still no dice.

Also, unrelated maybe, I done goof'd and now every GRADLE file are set to open with Internet Explorer... I don't know what they used to open with to fix it... ;;;

N

neoxid501

Double check preferences under File and make sure all of those are leading to the right location and that both your Android SDK and Android NDK are validated.

Then click on the brush icon next to the run buttons. Close gamemaker and then restart your Android device. After all that try to compile again and if an error pops up post it here again.

Also since you have Android Studio installed I just want to make sure you know how to get to SDK Manager:

Open Android Studio
Hit the gears icon in the bottom right
In the bottom left, Launch Standalone SDK Manager

If the GUI helps you can keep using it by all means, but I use the standalone. Again please make sure that Gamemaker knows the locations of the Android SDK, NDK, AND the Java JDK.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Adam Martinez

Again, thank you for your reply. I checked the locations of SDK, NDK, and JDK. :(

My error...

Lint Build report available at C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default\com.wordbirdenglish.paint\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Create finished: 3:42:16 PM

N

neoxid501

First restart your computer and try again (since sometimes Windows 10 randomly revokes admin privileges).

If that fails I found this forum post which ran into the same problem \\http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/208851078-Compiling-to-Android
Navigate to the
C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-2.10-bin\baigpnfu14tdk6ztbfwcl8275\gradle-2.10-bin.zip.lck
and just delete it.

If this fails please open the lint html, screenshot / copy paste the text, and post it all here.

Also don't worry about it, it took me hours on my own to figure out how all this stuff worked xD

A

Adam Martinez

Can you repost that thread? I will check this, thank you ^^

A

Adam Martinez

Ok, good news is the error has changed. so something changed, but here's the error now...

I could not access a lint.html file because ..
In this location -> C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default\com.wordbirdenglish.paint

there exists no "build" folder or directory... ;(

Here's the error though. I hope this is useful.

Create started: 4:05:09 PM
"C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_10519\a47145.txt" /c /m=android /config="Default" /tgt=8 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=8 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1763 /gn="englishgame222" /td="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /optionsini="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_10519\gm_ttt_14936\englishgame222.ini" /o="C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_10519\gm_ttt_14936" "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\englishgame222.gmx\englishgame222.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_10519\gm_ttt_14936\englishgame222.droid
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Converting sfx_grab to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sfx_drop to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting sfx_test to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=2251.2871
Stats : GMA : sp=29,au=3,bk=0,pt=0,sc=4,sh=0,fo=1,tl=0,ob=38,ro=5,da=1,ex=2,ma=38,fm=0x4AAC2230
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\englishgame222\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.wordbirdenglish.paint && "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint "

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not open cp_settings class cache for settings file 'Z:\settings.gradle' (C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\caches\2.10\scripts\settings_2j6t6624hupzb05nxhziyeqiu\cp_settings).
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\caches\2.10\scripts\settings_2j6t6624hupzb05nxhziyeqiu\cp_settings\cache.properties.lock (Access is denied)

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 14.761 secs

Create finished: 4:05:28 PM

N

neoxid501

Well it seems to be another property lock. Since I'm not sure about this one make a copy of it before deleting it just incase. Then try again :p

C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\caches\2.10\scripts\settings_2j6t6624hupzb05nxhziyeqiu\cp_settings\cache.properties.lock (Access is denied)

Then if that fails you can try this:

Go into the .gradle folder again, make a copy of everything in there a put it somewhere safe.
Then delete the everything in there (don't delete the .gradle folder itself).
Then try compiling.
In theory the Android compiler should just remake the .gradle configurations and if not just put the files back in there and we'll try something else

A

Adam Martinez

Hey
Well it seems to be another property lock. Since I'm not sure about this one make a copy of it before deleting it just incase. Then try again :p

C:\Users\Adam\.gradle\caches\2.10\scripts\settings_2j6t6624hupzb05nxhziyeqiu\cp_settings\cache.properties.lock (Access is denied)

Then if that fails you can try this:

Go into the .gradle folder again, make a copy of everything in there a put it somewhere safe.
Then delete the everything in there (don't delete the .gradle folder itself).
Then try compiling.
In theory the Android compiler should just remake the .gradle configurations and if not just put the files back in there and we'll try something else
Thanks! I deleted the cache and now I have a successful build!

After the successful build, it says it failed with an error, even though it succeeded . It is not a problem now. I will investigate it and maybe post here again in the future, thank you!

Big thanks! ^^

chirpy

Wait did you double click to open the lint file because it should have opened in a browser xD

In the meantime also try changing your Support Lib to 25.1.0
Then open your Android SDK Manager and make sure you have:

Android SDK Tools 25.2.5
Android SDK Platform-tools 25.0.3
Android SDK Build-tools 25.0.2

Scroll down to Extras and make sure you have:

Android Support Repository Rev 41 (or rev 43)
Google Repository Rev 42 (or rev 43)
Thanks a lot for sharing these info!

I had a non-related issue but managed to open the lint file in a web browser and fixed my Compile SDK Version.
It's my first time playing with Android and I didn't notice I had the device mounted at X:
so the "file:///X:/" link report path didn't make sense to me at first glance. = =

Now may I ask how do I check what's the correct "Support Library" version by myself?
I looked into Android Studio's SDK Manager but nothing really matches the { name string, version number string } pair to me.
(I see "Build Tools" seems to match latest "Android SDK Build-tools" in the "SDK Tools" tab)
Is "Support Library" meant to be mapped to latest "Sources for Android ##"? With API Level 25, revision 1 as 25.1.0?

Also, I still have many lint warnings;
would you recommend some learning resource for people like me to get familiar with how to deal with them?

N

nicoltoons

Thanks guys! Just solved this issue too . Using Pre released sdks confuses the lint..... I installed Skype some months ago and it over-wrote the settings I had in my path variable. So I deleted the value in the path variable and changed the destination to %SystemRoot%\system32. Restart your pc (very important)
then my global game settings looks like this

Target SDK: 24
Min SDK: 15
Compile SDK: 24
Build tools: 24.0.2
Support Library : 24.2.1.

No more errors!

F

Fabrizio

I'm having a similar problem but mine is saying that Gradel 2.10 is required and I have gradel 3.1 currently installed ive tried to install gradel 2.10 but have had no success any help would be great thanks in advance