Legacy GM [Solved]Transistioning from Smaller Room to a Larger One

I

Irishes

Hello,

I have a room with a resolution of 400 x 400 and I have a condition that makes it "room_goto()" to another room that has a resolution of 800 x 600. The Window Size stays at 400 x 400 and compresses the entire room into a 400 x 400 window. Is there a way I can increase the size of the window when going from a smaller room to a larger?

Thanks,
Irishes

JackTurbo

Make a persistent control object and place it in your first room then add some code to resize the window width/height to equal the room width/height in the room_start event. That should do it.

Although, while I don't know the specifics of your game, I would caution that this doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

I

Irishes

I have a game that will ideally be played in full screen, however my main menu only has a few options and looks better as a smaller menu. I tried using the window_set_size function, but it has no affect on the game window. A temporary solution would be just to use a larger window for my menu.

I

icuurd12b42

you cannot change the size of the game to another size... all room must have the same room (or port is using view) size. add some fluff in the back of your menu room to balance things out visually

I

Irishes

Yeah, its been way to difficult. I guess that's what I'll do. Thanks for all the help.