• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED [SOLVED] Too long Build/Compile time

Viktao

All my projects take upon 1 minute or more to build/compile, i already tried to reinstall GM2 and clear Assets, but it's still take so much time to build
It doesn't matter if is a new project with no assets or files loaded, or a project already completed.
There is something i can do to fix it?

My Specs:
Intel Core i7-4770
8GB RAM
SSD HP S700 500GB

rIKmAN

All my projects take upon 1 minute or more to build/compile, i already tried to reinstall GM2 and clear Assets, but it's still take so much time to build
It doesn't matter if is a new project with no assets or files loaded, or a project already completed.
There is something i can do to fix it?

My Specs:
Intel Core i7-4770
8GB RAM
SSD HP S700 500GB
Do you have a Corsair keyboard?

Did you try to unplug/replug it? There was a bug with those not long ago. Can't quite remember the details, but if you scout the forums, you'll find it (use the search thingy)

rIKmAN

Yes, i have a Corsair K55
Yeah it's a long term known issue that I completely forgot about when I bought a wired K63 recently and had the same problem.

Original bug report here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=30631
Thread on the issue here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...le-time-unplug-usb-devices.79340/#post-472122

I have actually fixed the issue by installing the Corsair iCUE software, doing the required reboot and then although iCUE reported the keyboard as having the latest firmware I forced an update anyway (of the same 'latest' firmware version) and then closed the software.

Running GMS2 after this then worked as expected with no delay when compiling either empty projects or my current projects.
It's been fine for 2 days now.

I have since prevented iCUE from running at system startup and the IDE still works fine without delay, so I can only assume that it installed some files/drivers/registry entries that help fix the problem as having the iCUE software running makes no difference to the issue.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Viktao

Yeah it's a long term known issue that I completely forgot about when I bought a wired K63 recently and had the same problem.

Original bug report here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=30631
Thread on the issue here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...le-time-unplug-usb-devices.79340/#post-472122

I have actually fixed the issue by installing the Corsair iCUE software, doing the required reboot and then although iCUE reported the keyboard as having the latest firmware I forced an update anyway (of the same 'latest' firmware version) and then closed the software.

Running GMS2 after this then worked as expected with no delay when compiling either empty projects or my current projects.
It's been fine for 2 days now.

I have since prevented iCUE from running at system startup and the IDE still works fine without delay, so I can only assume that it installed some files/drivers/registry entries that help fix the problem as having the iCUE software running makes no difference to the issue.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.
I did the same thing as you and worked, thank you!

Viktao

Did you try to unplug/replug it? There was a bug with those not long ago. Can't quite remember the details, but if you scout the forums, you'll find it (use the search thingy)
yes, when i unplug my keyboard my project compile in 3 secs, but when i replug and rebuild my project it takes 1 minute again