• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[SOLVED] Tizen GM lisence

A

ajan-ko

Let's jump right into the question :D

Is there any way to upgrade the pro edition with tizen module?
I saw in web it's 199$ but I can't find it on the menu.

Thank you.

rIKmAN

Looks like it's not available unless you bought the Master Collection, and it has a show-stopping bug which means you cannot submit to the Tizen Store due to a power consumption issue.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/tizen-module.12077/

Even if you choose "Get the Tizen module now" from the Tizen target dropdown inside GMS it takes you to a page with no mention of the Tizen module.

@Mike @rwkay @ShaunJS
Can you get the Tizen module separately if you don't own the Master Collection?
If you DO own the MC, can you submit to the Tizen Store successfully?
Was the power consumption bug mentioned in the thread above ever fixed, or will it be?

Last edited:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
The power stuff was looked at, but the SDK I believe is way beyond what's implemented, I doubt very much it'll upload onto any store now.

There simply wasn't the demand for it, and they kept making sweeping SDK changes.

I don't think there'll be any more work being done for Tizen, as a platform it's pretty dead.

rIKmAN

The power stuff was looked at, but the SDK I believe is way beyond what's implemented, I doubt very much it'll upload onto any store now.

There simply wasn't the demand for it, and they kept making sweeping SDK changes.

I don't think there'll be any more work being done for Tizen, as a platform it's pretty dead.
Thanks for the reply @Mike.

I agree it's pretty dead, but I asked as Samsung are running a competition all through 2017 where the top 100 downloaded apps each month win $10k each, and with only a couple thousand apps on the store it looked appealing.

Info here: http://www.tizenincentive.com/english.do

If it wasn't too much work your end it may be worth looking into updating the Tizen module and releasing it at a discount in tandem with the info about the incentive program.

I'm sure people on here would be interested in the module with a possible $10k prize up for grabs from Samsung, but I doubt they would pay the old full price knowing it was going to be a one off update for the Incentive Program and then not supported after this.

As long as people understood the plan, and that it was only being updated / sold in relation to the Incentive Program through 2017 I'm sure you could generate some revenue with it, but then I don't know how much work is involved in updating it so it may not be cost effective.

Just a thought :)

A

ajan-ko

I agree it's pretty dead, but I asked as Samsung are running a competition all through 2017 where the top 100 downloaded apps each month win $10k each, and with only a couple thousand apps on the store it looked appealing.

Info here: http://www.tizenincentive.com/english.do

If it wasn't too much work your end it may be worth looking into updating the Tizen module and releasing it at a discount in tandem with the info about the incentive program.

I'm sure people on here would be interested in the module with a possible $10k prize up for grabs from Samsung, but I doubt they would pay the old full price knowing it was going to be a one off update for the Incentive Program and then not supported after this.

As long as people understood the plan, and that it was only being updated / sold in relation to the Incentive Program through 2017 I'm sure you could generate some revenue with it, but then I don't know how much work is involved in updating it so it may not be cost effective.

Just a thought :)
This is what I thought, why on earth Samsung completing with the mighty OG (original google, bad pun intended) to create an OS on phone?
They even kill the windows pong.
That incentive program pretty much appealing to try, nothing to lose if I can spend 199$ to slap it to tizen store,
but yeah if the power breaker or sdk problem was the case, well...

gotta think again if I really want to get that module.

Last edited:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yeah, we're aware of it. Unfortunately there's a huge amount of work involved bringing it back up to spec for the 10 people that "might" use it, and after the comp it'll be just as dead. Just isn't worth it.

As it stands, I suspect the current version won't even get approved to go on the stores - I've no idea what SDK they are currently on, but as I said, they have a habit or completely redoing everything. It's never a quick process to upgrade and with out doing so, I suspect nothing will work.

rIKmAN

Yeah, we're aware of it. Unfortunately there's a huge amount of work involved bringing it back up to spec for the 10 people that "might" use it, and after the comp it'll be just as dead. Just isn't worth it.

As it stands, I suspect the current version won't even get approved to go on the stores - I've no idea what SDK they are currently on, but as I said, they have a habit or completely redoing everything. It's never a quick process to upgrade and with out doing so, I suspect nothing will work.
No worries, thanks for taking the time to reply anyway I appreciate it! :)