GMS 2 [Solved]Tilemap_set() errors

Discussion in 'Programming' started by The Video Gamester, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. The Video Gamester

The Video Gamester Member

So I had this working perfectly a few days ago but after I split this into a separate script it totally screwed it up. Basically I have it set so when I press space it generates a whole new level. Previously it would generate an entire new level and tile it just fine. Now it spawns the enemies but doesn't tile when I restart the room. I get an error in the output window that says
    I am so confused. I have tried basically everything I can think of. I put it back into the original body and it still causes the same issue. I have tried changing the enemy to a blank object with no code. Changed it to game restart rather than room. Rewrote the code in another script. Nothing is working and its driving me nuts.

Code:
    for(yy = 0; yy<height; yy++){
        for(var xx = 0; xx < width; xx++){
            if(grid[# xx, yy] == FLOOR){
                tilemap_set(backgroundLayer,2,xx,yy);

var odds = 5;
                var ex = xx*cellWidth+cellWidth/2
                var ey = yy*cellHeight+cellHeight/2
                var filled = false;
                odds = 5;
                if(!filled && irandom(odds) == odds){
                    instance_create_depth(ex,ey,1,obj_enemy)
                    filled = true;
                }

}else if(grid[# xx,yy] == WALL){
                tilemap_set(backgroundLayer,1,xx,yy);
                mp_grid_add_cell(gridPath,xx,yy)
            }
        }

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

The error "tilemap_set() - couldn't find specified tilemap" should point you to the problem.

What is "backgroundLayer"?
    If it's not the tilemap element id returned when using layer_tilemap_create() or layer_tilemap_get_id() then that's your problem - as per the manual entry for tilemap_set().

3. The Video Gamester

The Video Gamester Member

I figured it out. I honestly have no idea why it was working at all. It would work 100% without the spawn code but the spawn code isn't directly related. I just changed a couple of vars that I was passing in and now it works. Weirdest problem I have ever had.