[SOLVED] Tile Grid Placement (Want no snapping)

C

ChaosX2

Hello,

I'm seeking to find out if it's possible to place tiles without snapping to the grid. When I un-check the snap option, it will still only allow me to place tiles that snap. Wondering if it's a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong...

G

Guest User

what version of Gamemaker are you using?
if you're using GMS2 the Tile Layer does not support tiles being placed "off" the grid. if you want your tiles to be un-aligned to the grid you must use an Asset Layer instead.

B

blue apple

you can turn the grid to 1 * 1 which will kinda make you feels the same as if there was no grid (well actually with 1*1 you can place in every pixel so yeah there will be no grid) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoShade

you can turn the grid to 1 * 1 which will kinda make you feels the same as if there was no grid (well actually with 1*1 you can place in eavry pixel so yeah there will be no grid) ;)
This won't work on GMS2, as the time layer grid size is automatically the same as the tile size

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Yeah, the grid in GMS2 is the reason why tiles are so fast (looking up a value of a grid cell is MUCH faster than looping through a list of things that could be placed anywhere). But in Asset Layers, you can place anything, so it's basically the GMS1 tile layers by another name.

C

ChaosX2

Thanks for the replies all!

(btw: I'm using the latest version of GMS2 xD)