Design [solved]Tile collision code not working but, its close. I can feel it.

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by flyinian, Jan 23, 2019.

1. flyinian

flyinian Member

Hey all. I am currently attempting to get this tile collision to work but, haven't yet. However, i believe I managed to narrow what might be breaking the code for me. When I disable the "else" statements within the "if" statements the player collides with the tile and i am able to move left and right. However, when i enable the "else" statements, the player instantly goes down vertically and off to the right...I also go vertically down and off to the right when the entire code is active. I have been stuck on this code for many hours into attempting to get this code to work and I decided to try my hand here. Ill be going at it once again today and see if i can narrow it down further.

My player is 32 x 32 and the tiles are 64 x 64. So it can't be the player size being to big and bypassing the collision checking.

Here is the collision code:

Code:
    var dx = move_speed * (keyboard_check(vk_right) - (keyboard_check(vk_left)));
    var dy = v_speed;
    v_speed += grav;

//vertical

y += dy;
    if ( dy > 0)
    {
    //down
        var t1 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_left, bbox_bottom) & tile_index_mask;
        var t2 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_right, bbox_bottom) & tile_index_mask;

if (t1 != 0 || t2 != 0)

{
            y = ((bbox_bottom & ~ 63) -1) - sprite_bbox_bottom; 
            v_speed = 0;
    }
    }

else

{
        ///up
        var t1 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_left, bbox_top) & tile_index_mask;
        var t2 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_right, bbox_top) & tile_index_mask;

if(t1 != 0 || t2 = 0)
        {
            y = ((bbox_top + 64) & ~63) - sprite_bbox_top;
            v_speed = 0;

}

}

///___________________
    x += dx;

///right
    if ( dx > 0)
    {

var t1 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_right, bbox_top) & tile_index_mask;
        var t2 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_right, bbox_bottom) & tile_index_mask;

if (t1 != 0 || t2 != 0)

{
            x = ((bbox_right & ~ 63) -1) - sprite_bbox_right; 

}

}

else
    //left
    {
        var t1 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_left, bbox_top) & tile_index_mask;
        var t2 = tilemap_get_at_pixel(tilemap, bbox_left, bbox_bottom) & tile_index_mask;

if(t1 != 0 || t2 = 0)
        {
            x = ((bbox_left + 64) & ~63) - sprite_bbox_left;

}

}

Here is the variable code for the player:
    Code:
    move_speed = 8;
    jump_impulse = 21;
    grav = 0.75;
    v_speed = 0;

//tilemap information
    var l = layer_get_id("collision_map");
    tilemap = layer_tilemap_get_id(l);

//sprite info
    sprite_bbox_left = sprite_get_bbox_left(sprite_index) - sprite_get_xoffset(sprite_index);
    sprite_bbox_right = sprite_get_bbox_right(sprite_index) - sprite_get_xoffset(sprite_index);
    sprite_bbox_bottom = sprite_get_bbox_bottom(sprite_index) - sprite_get_yoffset(sprite_index);
    sprite_bbox_top = sprite_get_bbox_top(sprite_index) - sprite_get_yoffset(sprite_index);

Thank you.

2. flyinian

flyinian Member

I found my problem. I was missing the "!" in the code....I can't...believe it. Atleast I fixed it and can now move on. :)

P.s. how do I mark "solved" or delete the post?