• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [SOLVED] The Debug Module doesn't start anymore

sman

Hello,

I don't know what I did wrong but the Debug Module doesn't start anymore.
It happens with all projects.
I have not updated GMS for a long time: I still have 1.4.1657. And it was working well before with this version.
The log says "...Waiting for debugger to connect..." and then... nothing...

I've tried to deactivate the firewall but it changes nothing.

A

Aura

First of all, you should always keep yourself up to date. The latest stable version of Studio works flawlessly for me, so I don't see why you'd want to stick to that particular version.

Either way, if there's a reason why you still want to use v1.4.1657, my suggestion would be to perform a fresh install of Studio.

I

iNCEPTIONAL

First of all, you should always keep yourself up to date. The latest stable version of Studio works flawlessly for me, so I don't see why you'd want to stick to that particular version.

Either way, if there's a reason why you still want to use v1.4.1657, my suggestion would be to perform a fresh install of Studio.
Is there any easy way to perform a fresh install without losing all the important info like keys for iOS/Android and the like?

I literally had to re-upload all my Apps as new games once because I deleted Game Maker Studio after it started acting up and then I lost all the essential details required for submitting Apps to the stores and stuff, like the keys, requiring basically a full reset on that stuff too, which was a huge hassle.

A

Aura

@iNCEPTIONAL: The article I linked to above (in post #2) already shows you how to do that. Or is there some specific information that you fear you'd lose?

I

iNCEPTIONAL

@iNCEPTIONAL: The article I linked to above (in post #2) already shows you how to do that. Or is there some specific information that you fear you'd lose?
My bad; I didn't even notice the obvious green link text. :eek:

Cheers.

sman

I can't update GMS because since Steamworks 1.35a is used in GMS (instead of 1.33), my own DLL using Steamworks (allowing me to use more Steam functions) doesn't work.
And this is not the cause of my bug here because the debugger was working fine in the GM version I'm currently using.

R

rnisson

I’m having this problem but is still won’t work even after a fresh install

Strmy

If ever someones run into the same problem and clean instalation or firewall fiddling wont help.
Try to look if you have in the GMDebug folder the GMDebug.exe file.

The issue for my, was that the GMdebug.exe just dissapeared.. So you can copy this file - (Sometimes on win 10 it wont let you copy it right away so you have to restart the pc )

I made copy of this folder and when this happends i just copy it over.
(sometimes i have to do the delete od registers as it is in the guide above.)

Last edited: