• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM [Solved] Text is blurry when drawn in Draw Event, looks fine in Draw GUI

MaxLos

Hihi,

Basically what the title says, just wondering how to fix it... besides using the Draw GUI event of course :p
My view port is half the size of the resolution if that helps

samspade

It sounds like it is what BattleRifle BR55 said - your resolutions are different between the application surface gui surface. I would check, with code, the resolutions of both and compare - also post what both are.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I had the exact same issue importing an old project yesterday. Open your Global Game Settings, switch to the Windows tab, and uncheck "Interpolate colors between pixels". The GUI layer doesn't seem to be drawn with interpolation on, so it's sharp no matter this setting. (If you want it really crisp, also make sure the font has no anti-aliasing and that "high quality" is unchecked, since both of these will add additional blur to the font)

Joe Ellis

It shouldn't be a problem if the view coordinates are a whole number and the text coordinates, it doesn't happen in the gui event cus the view is automatically set to the size of the screen or window and at 0, 0
The blurring is just because the view is in between whole pixel coordinates, so it interpolates, this works fine for textures and antialiased style sprites, but for pixelly games it looks bad, if your game is pixel style you should def turn interpolation off, then all of this problem doesn't happen

Joe Ellis

It sounds like it is what BattleRifle BR55 said - your resolutions are different between the application surface gui surface. I would check, with code, the resolutions of both and compare - also post what both are.
It doesn't matter what size the gui surface and application surface are, they're completely separate and have no influence over each other